Which features do outdoors enthusiasts look for in a Smart-phone?
Smart-phones are often quite delicate to handle, which is a major constraint for outdoors enthusiasts; people who are constantly on the move require hardy mobile handsets which have all the smart-phone features.
Let’s take a look at the unique features that smart-phones should have, which are typically designed for outdoors people.
- Longer battery backup - If you are into an outdoors sport that demands travel on a regular basis you should opt for smart-phones that give you longer battery back-up. When you are camping on a carp fishing, hunting or hiking trip, you may or may not have the chance to charge your phone, therefore rugged smart-phones that have longer battery backup is the ideal option.
- Water resistant qualities - Smart-phones made for outdoors people such as anglers that fish in freshwater as well as saltwater, campers, hikers, mountaineers and hunters should be highly water resistant. Their phones should have international waterproof standard IPX5. These phones have water washout case fuselage and keyboard guards, which don’t allow rain drops to enter within the phones.
- GPS Positioning - With this feature it becomes easy for the user to keep track of his location, to find unknown landmarks such as lakes and dams, to view hiking paths and to take care of other functions along the way.
- Camera - A top quality camera gives you the freedom to take exceptionally photos and even gives you the ability to capture videos en-route to your end destination.
- Dual SIM options - With Dual SIM card options, the phone remain flexible enough within the GSM network. The user can be able to receive calls and signals simultaneously helping in smooth communication across the way. It is wise to go for those smart-phones that provide you high-quality voice experience.
- Torch - As an outdoor enthusiast, you never know where you will land up in a wee hour; therefore choose phones that comes with torch or flashlight options. It is often the most underrated feature, but is of great help as an emergency lighting. The light colour is transparent white.
- Check for Altimeter, Barometer and Thermometer - Most of the smart-phones made for outdoors people has in-built Altimeter, Barometer and Thermometer. These phones are ideal for carp and bass fishing, hiking, camping, diving, mountaineering and similar enthusiasts. The micro-sensor installed in the phone, helps in identifying the ambient temperature and gives you the result you are looking for.
- Phone that comes with Electronic Compass - For outdoor enthusiasts such as mountaineers and hikers a compass is of utmost importance; it uses the earth’s magnetic field to indicate north orientation and detects location. Most smart-phones for outdoor enthusiasts have an in-built compass within the cell phone, which makes it ideal for the users to understand location.
Manufacturers are coming with different Android smart-phones especially for outdoors people. The features available in these phones are quite different from the usual run of the mill smart-phones. These phones come with the benefits that are far more than just communication. The increasing competitions among the manufacturers have eventually increased the options for the users.